Tips to Survive the Selections Process
It’s not uncommon for homeowners to get overwhelmed during the selections process. There are literally thousands of products, colors and finishes to choose from! Here are some tips to help guide you through the process.
- Allow yourself plenty of time. Rushing causes stress.
- Don’t expect to get everything chosen in one or two days.
- Typically for a kitchen you would choose your cabinetry or countertops first, depending on which is more important to you. Then you would follow with your flooring, and then plumbing fixtures and lighting.
- Concentrate on one piece at a time. It can get very overwhelming, so when you need to take a break, do it!
- Don’t be afraid to go back to a store two or more times to see a product.
- Ask for samples to take home. Set them in the room and look at them in all light scenarios.
- Ask for help if you are having trouble. Sometimes another person can give a lot of insight and make the decision process easier.
- This is most likely a once in a lifetime project, so enjoy it. Have fun!