Should I Remodel, Add-On, or Move?
At some point, we may find our home no longer fits our needs. Perhaps our family has grown. Or maybe as we’ve gotten older it is no longer accessible. Whatever the case, it just doesn’t fit.
But how do you know when it makes sense to remodel, add-on to your home or to move? There is no easy answer to that question, and your best bet is to bring in a professional remodeler that can assess your options.
But here are some questions you can ask yourself before you call in a professional:
- Are you happy with your neighborhood and the location of your home?
- Would remodeling bring your house up to par with other houses in your neighborhood or exceed it?
- Are there other homes on the market that would suit your needs?
- What features would be necessary to increase the functionality of your home?
- Once you consider these questions, a professional remodeler can determine which option is most feasible.