Quick Tips: Spring Chores
The recent warm days are a reminder of spring just around the corner, and with it spring home maintenance tasks. What can you do and what should you hire a professional to do?
Find out below!
- Visually inspect the outside of your home for loose gutters, damaged shingles or roofing, and cracks or damage in your foundation and chimney.
- Replace internal air filters.
- Vacuum the coils on your refrigerator.
- Clean the vent over your stove.
- Patch any damaged calking around sinks, tubs and toilets.
For the pros:
- Have a qualified heating and cooling contractor clean and service your outside air conditioning unit.
- Have a roofer inspect the flashing around vents, skylights and chimneys.
- Have your chimney inspected by a certified professional.
- Check for frozen pipe damage by turning on your outside spigot and holding your thumb over the spout. If you can stop the flow of water, there is likely damage to a pipe inside your home, requiring the attention of a professional plumber.
- If you’re noticing standing water near your home, contact a professional experience in positive drainage solutions.